When I got back from my eastern European trip, I had a chance to think about my travels and those random observations that I want to highlight for you. Here is my short list:
- The toilet paper is like sandpaper.
- The washer and dryer are in the same machine! The downfall is that it takes 4-6 hours.
- You have to pay to use the toilet (WC). This is not new, but I’m tired of it. I have been going to Europe for the past 35 years and I think it’s time to do away with this. Imagine if we did this at Disney?????
- Wine is usually less than water or soda. Yea baby!!
- Uber is in some European cities now. No more shady taxis.
- When ordering a mixed drink such as rum and coke, you pay for the coke and the rum separately.
- Selfie sticks and Asian people are in abundance everywhere. Now I know why selfie sticks are banned in some places.
- Europeans love bidets. Even if there is no space, they will shove one in the bathroom anyway.
- Americans are so concerned about carbs, but Europeans eat bread every meal. And it is wonderful!
- Europeans must not like Diet Coke (or Coke Light). Coke Zero rules the roost over there.
Oops, there is 11.
11. A LOT of people still smoking in Europe. I don’t know why so many people are ignoring that little thing called CANCER. But they are. Check out the picture below that I found very ironic.
If you have traveled to Europe and have your own observations, please share.